星期日, 2月 04, 2007

Freedom from the known(2)

2006/8/31上午 9:34
page 30>>
You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary.


If you don't follow somebody you feel very lonely.Be lonely then. Why are you frightened of beong alone? Because you are faced with yourself as you are and find that you are empty, dull, stupid, ugly, guilty and anxious--a petty, shoddy, secondhabd entity. Face the fact; look at it, don't run away from it. The moment you run away fear begins.

page 32>>
Now where do we begin to undrstand ourselves? Here and I, and how am I to study myself, observe myself, see what is actually taking place inside myself? I can observe myself only in relationship because all life is relationship. It's no use sitting in a corner meditating about myself. I can't exist by myself. I exist only in relationship to people , things and ideas, and in studying my relationshipto outward things and people , as well as to inward things, I begin to understand myself. Every other form of understanding is merely an abstraction and I can't study myself in abstraction; I am not an abstract entity; therefore I have to study myself in actuality--as I am, not as I wish to be.
-----------------------------------------------------------


突然想到王小慧的一句話:我可以放棄別人眼裡所任為珍貴或是重要的東西,而我最珍惜的卻是對自己而言重要的東西!
From eyes to eyes, I see beautiful sights from her.

沒有留言: